home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Waking up in Shock





What would you do if you woke up and found your baby's bed empty?



Panic?



I did.



My heart stopped beating!



I flipped on the light and this is what I found.



More evidence that The Jett is growing up.


This is all good and fine except that we've been waking up every night multiple times to a crying, roaming baby since this morning on January 1.


What to do?


We finally resorted to a mosquito net over the crib. It sort of fits in with the safari theme and some people sleep with them over their beds for real. Well, only if you live in Africa or with Heather's roach, but, still.


So, the net is worked, for awhile. He climbs out of the trampoline net every day so it was only a matter of time before the bed net didn't slow him down any more than the trampoline net!


However, he now stays in bed until I wake him up in the morning. Yaay!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am scared that your post was at 3:46 AM. Slow down! Love ya!

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I love your kids...mine never did that. I don't think either of them would ever even entertain the idea of climbing out of their cribs.
Even now if they wake up in the middle of the night, they get straight in bed with me and I don't know until morning!!

Renee said...

For awhile, Parker refused to get out of bed in the morning until someone came and got him. Not anymore though. Now he is up before anyone and stomps all through the house making all kinds of noise!

lisasmith said...

So, this morning when I woke up, I found Palmer in the garage. He had already gotten his backpack out of the back seat of the car and was trying to change his dirty diaper on his own...Guess tonight he'll be camped out under a mosquito net again!