home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Picture Perfect

This is our Christmas picture. We planned it for weeks.

My mother-in-law bought us all coordinating clothes. Part of my Christmas gift was having a picture of our little bunch.

We discussed it, talked about it and planned it out. How we would be sitting in the grass, looking all happy with the lake in the background.

We got dressed, made it to the lake, took a gazillion pictures and ended up standing outside in front of the house.

We are all looking at the camera...
What more could a mom want?

This picture makes me want to bite the bullet and upgrade my blog to the new version which is no longer new.

Do you lose anything? I want my pretty family in the header.

On another note, my choices were to post this as a late Christmas or early Valentine's day photo...We are wearing red!


In order to maintain the type of order I need at home, I haven't been able to find the time to post. I'd like to. I have it written in my head. I think about it.

I promise, as I have time, I'll post.

All I need from you, dear reader, is to put up with the abundance of Christmas and wintery memories we have and enjoy reading delayed news. That is news which ceases to be news because by its very definition once it makes it to this blog it is probably no longer new...

This is my virtual excuse for not scrapbooking so it has to be filled with family memories and pictures. I think just using the word scrapbook causes me to freeze up. I have about five years of not recording our events. Ugh! It stirs up the mother guilt. It stirs up the inadequacies that I battle. It reminds me that I am imperfect. That fact tries to mock me but I turn my head reminding myself that the pictures are in a box, organized in chronological order waiting to be delicately and lovingly displayed on pretty paper for future generations to enjoy. This is the year that I will wade through it. Cry tears over it. Make a difference in the box. 2008!

Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the LORD Psalm 102:18

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I am a friend of Amy T. and I just wanted to say how great those pictures are of your family.

I also use my blog as a scrapbook for my boys. At some point, as time allows I would like to take up digital scrapbooking.

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

Yeah I don't stir the guilt pot!!! Not a scrapbooker...good blogger though!

Such precious pictures.

The Kramer Family said...

Hi Lisa!

I'm with you on being behind on scrapbooking. I have decided to do photobooks for my digital pictures. I don't know if you have seen them or not. They are super easy and very sleek looking. I still don't know what I'm going to do with my boxes full of film pictures.

Oh, and you can totally add your family to the header. It is really easy. I don't think you would have to change anything except your template which shouldn't change anything else on your page. I added my family pics on our blog header. I laid it out and added text in photoshop though.

Let me know if you need help with that.
Lynsey

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Renee said...

Beautiful family!