home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, January 18, 2008

Palmer Jett and Growing Up

This is our baby! Not so much a baby anymore.


Christmas was so much fun with his squeals of delight, careful investigation of each present and boyful delight at ripping up pretty wrappings.


A highlight was watching him taste every Christmas goody and say "Mmmmmmm!" The way to this boy's heart is truly his stomach.


He climbed and ran and laughed the whole season. My New Year's gift from my baby was him climbing out of his crib on New Year's morning with a big self-satisfied grin on his "I'm so proud of myself" face! Much to my chagrin we have yet to tie him down or hold him back.

As a matter of fact, when he demonstrated his newfound ability of saying new words related to sports like "basketball" to a friend of ours last night, she responded with, "That's pretty impressive. I didn't even know he could talk!"

When I returned home recently our babysitter told me she found Palmer in the refrigerator with an open egg carton dropping the eggs on the kitchen floor one by one. I mean, really. It's not that it's an original trouble-making stunt. It's that he only does junk like that when the other three children are pulling attention-getting stunts of their own. My children are not quiet, calm or sedate, ever. They even talk and walk in their sleep. Palmer fits the Smith mold completely.

Our quiet little man, our baby, is developing quickly and mastering new talents each day. Talents such as talking, climbing and throwing. Looks like it's gonna be a busy year, 2008.

My baby's all growed up!

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

He is a Smith...definately!!!

Such a cutie.