home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Obligations




I'm feeling obligated to post something.

Once hobbies become obligations, they lose their fun-ness. And without fun, I have a really hard time. Of all things, hobbies should be fun.
It's not that I have nothing to say. I've got plenty. Trust me. I've written it all in my head...a million times. My fingers just don't feel like typing any of it out.


Oh, I have pictures to post. I'm even currently charging my camera's battery so that I can download 91 pictures of Christmas plus to my computer. That means 91 photos of uploaded entertainment to you.


I just don't feel like doing it right now.



Why?



Who knows.



Maybe it is because I am currently unmotivated.



Unmotivated to go to the gym, make my bed and spring clean my house. Unmotivated.



Usually my New Year's goals and resolutions bring on energy, excitement and purposeful duty for a few months.



Not this year.



I liked my break.



Staying up later watching movies.



Sleeping a little later.



Drinking a little more coffee.



Playing games and sharing more.



Just hanging out with my family.



A husband, four kids and two dogs.



It doesn't get much better than that.



Darn new year.



The great 2008 just had to come. School had to start. Life with a hectic schedule is back for awhile. ***Sigh***



So, please excuse me for a minute while I mourn the passing of a good break.



Time. Good times. They slip through our fingers like air. Days becoming the past just as quickly as they were the present. Experiences becoming memories before we're ready to quit experiencing them. ***Sigh***



We really enjoyed our Christmas vacation...chicken pox and all.

5 comments:

Renee Heaton said...

I enjoyed my break too....went to New York the day after Christmas. It was fabulous! It was nice to get away...no kids and, well, no husband either! Here's to the new year and all the things that it will bring us! Even though we might be slow to get it going.

Amy Seay said...

Must be something in the air. I feel the same way.

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

It really was nice to stay in my pajamas and drink coffee and then curl up on the couch at night and watch movies with my boys...but like anything, if it stayed too long, we wouldn't appreciate it anymore.

Back to obligations.

Love you and miss you.

Kathryn

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I miss you too...you will always be part of my holy huddle and we need to soon!!