home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Christmas Angel

Here is our animal angel on Christmas Sunday, yep, it was a month ago. We celebrated at Lake Conroe. We have some amazing pictures. So even though it may closer to Valentine's Day, I will indulge you with Christmas memories. Hey, we are all wearing red. I will post more later and that's a promise I intend to keep...Soon!

Alyssa loves animals. She was concerned about our family picture because our dogs weren't with us. This is her aunt's dog, Chloe. She loves Chloe like a human cousin. Chloe tolerates our Animal Angel like a pro.

I love this picture of Alyssa because even in a beautiful dress, she can find a dog to love!

She kept telling us how her beautiful, fluffy dress made her shy. (She is anything but shy.) When I asked her why she said, "Because I don't like to look at people when they tell me I look beautiful." She really doesn't like to be the center of attention, even if she looks beautiful. She would rather blend in or hide. She shares this with her dad. I don't quite understand it myself but I've learned to respect it in my angel. I think this is one reason she loves animals so much. They don't make such a big deal out of things!

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I love Alyssa's beautiful heart. I love that she does nothing out of selfish ambition and thinks of others first.

Sweet girl!!