home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Two Hazels on a Sunday Afternoon

One Sunday afternoon back in September, I had the pleasure of meeting Hazel Claire Smith. Hazel Claire Smith is named after Hazel Geraldine Sidney Anderson (and her maternal great grandmother as well.)
This was a momentous occasion.

Hazel G. (aka Goo-Goo) turned 94! Hazel Claire has, of course, matured since this photo and accolplished many new milestones.

This was a Sunday afternoon with family.

This was a Sunday afternoon with food.







Palmer enjoyed his first ice cream cone immensely!

In the words of my mother-in-law this was, "an old-fashioned Sunday afternoon."

I loved having all the cousins together.

I love watching Matt and Tracy with their baby.

I love how they carry hand sanitizer with them.

I love how they cringe when my children "pat" the baby.

I love how Hazel Claire sleeps in her sling oblivious to the stir she's caused in our homes and in our hearts.

I love all of it.

I love family.

I'm looking forward to the holidays.

Where we'll have more old-fashioned afternoons filled with faith, family, fun and food!
And, of course, two Hazels!





2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

Palmer looks so precious...yeah to old fashioned good times.

Renee Heaton said...

So sweet! Isn't time with family wonderful? The holidays always remind me of that. Makes me miss my grandma so much. It goes too fast.