home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Feelings




So, yesterday's post spurred phone calls! Friends I haven't talked to in months have called to see if I'm okay...


Really, I am doing good. I wasn't trying to sound negative, angry or frustrated. I've worked through that. I am just trying to be real.


These feelings that spiral through my brain must be the beginnings of a mid-life crisis for those who do not KNOW the truth. I know that I can feel a certain way and that way is completely wrong, off, deceiving.


I know the truth and the truth sets me free!


So, rest easy, faithful readers and friends. Lisa is overcoming!


Surrender is never easy and just when we think we've surrendered something happens to show our true colors.


Of course, who I am is often not accurately reflected in what I do, sadly enough. Who I am is not reflected in the way I feel at times either. Who I am is reflected through a character becoming more and more like His each day.


Even in the little things, such as the way I feel, I want to be trusted. I am so thankful for the much I've been given.


Get ready! There are crazy ramblings in my head fighting to get out on this blog. My mind is a busy, scary, loud, talkative place.


Enter at your own risk!

I promise pictures of the kids' costumes, updates on them all and more of this deep work that has shut me down for a month and lifted me up for a lifetime. I'm back!

4 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

Of course you are ok!!!

It was good to see you yesterday even though I couldn't "talk" to you...ah work!!!

Renee Heaton said...

So glad I talked with you!

If the Lord did not divert us off our own one way course then we would have no need for Him. We would think that the course we have chosen is the one that He paved for us. He sends the bumps to throw us off our own attempt at finding the perfect way, the perfect life, children, and marriage!

We wouldn't be examining our hearts to see exactly where we are in Him and where He wants us to be. He does not want us too content but constantly growing in Him.

I am so thankful that He is diverting my course every day!

Love you!

Angie Love said...

You know, I read your post, I reread it, and I simply saw your heart. I am thankful the Lord has given me a spirit that relates to your spirit. I love you friend!

lisasmith said...

I love you all so much! I know if you "know" me you can see my heart in this post.