home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, August 27, 2007

Day One




Today was the first day of school. I am now the proud mother of a first-grader and a second-grader!






Last night we painted fingernails and toenails, showered, blow dried hair, laid out clothes, packed most of our lunches and backpacks, ate a nutritious dinner and all four kids were in bed by 7:30. I felt like I was in a movie. My house is not that quiet. My house is not that well-run. My house is loud with every light on until very late hours of the night. My house...was ALL quiet (adults included) by 10 pm.






We got up EARLY...Julia jumped straight up out of bed at 6:40 so I could roll her hair. What a grown up beauty she is, especially with her High School Musical gear!











Alyssa got up real quick too because she wanted to have time to eat cinnamon rolls. She was super happy this morning, look tall and proud in her school clothes carrying her Shrek backpack and lunch box. She is such a golden-haired cutie pie!








We made it to the school. There were still kids going inside the doors when we got there. We walked everyone to their new classes, kissed them goodbye and went to the gym for a good workout...I've had several today!






When we went through the pick-up line this afternoon, it suddenly started to downpour very heavily and Hunter and the girls got soaked. Kids like that. My car needed a good washing. It was an overall very good day. I like routine.






We're back!


4 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

What a good day!

Amazing the difference between getting girls ready and getting boys ready.

I didn't paint anyones nails. I will have to come over and paint Julia and Alyssa's.

They look so grown up and beatiful.

lisasmith said...

Awww...thanks. It was a good day.

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

Like Kathryn, Michael & Alex, I thought the girls looked so grown-up, so different and so pretty. They will have every boy in schol following them.

JungWoo Hong said...

Dear Julia!
Hellooooo!
How are youuuu!!
Do you like second grade?
I like your new hair.
You like a princess.
I am a prince.
Have a nice day.

love Jung Woo