home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer Sun?

This has been a summer of rain here in Texas. We never know what to expect when we wake up in the morning. We plan to go to the pool and then...it rains.



Yes, we've been a little bit but certainly not every day or even every week this year.



This summer has also been the summer of camps. Our children are going to more camps than ever before this year.



The Monday of ice skating camp, this is what I woke up to...






Imagine my grin at the irony of hats, gloves, scarves and coats in the Texas summer heat. (It's even hot when it rains here!)



Cute kids!



They had so much fun. Hunter learned to skate without holding on to the wall. Alyssa learned to skate without holding on to the cones. Julia, well, she learned to go faster!



This is a really fun camp that we've done for two years now. The kids get to ice skate so much they don't beg to go for awhile afterwards.



Their favorite part of the week is when they empty the Zamboni and have a snowman building contest.



Summer snowmen!

5 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I think I need to go to camp, I can not even skate without holding on to the wall.

Where is our heat wave?
Where is our drought?
Where is our burn ban?

I am turning into a prune!!!

JungWoo Hong said...

Dear Lisa,
This is Ic-Pyo, Hong. I am in Houston now. I have a conference in Orlando, Florida from tomorrow. On the way to Florida, I stopped at Houston during one day to meet one of my collegues in College Station. I gave some stuffs from HyeongSook to him, he will deliver those to Church office. My wife prepared something for Nancy, Mary and Becky, also. Please, be sure to receive it. Thanks. Bye.

lisasmith said...

Ic-Pyo,
How wonderful you're in the states! I wish we could have hugged your neck! I wish instead of driving to the church to get the package, I was driving to the airport to pick up your family!

The church called today and I will get the package this afternoon. I will also make sure the other ladies get their gifts.

Thank you so much for going to the trouble to bring us something. Please give Jung-Woo and Hyeong-Sook my love.

I pray you have safe travels.

Renee Heaton said...

I have only taken the kids to the pool once this summer -- and that was just last week! It is raining here now AGAIN! I guess it's better than a month of 100 degree days.

The Lees said...

How fun! Your blog is great and it is a great way to stay in touch! Your kids are so fun!