home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, June 01, 2007

Errand Day


This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Yesterday was errand day. My motto was, "Get 'r done."

My chant was, "Errands are fun once they're done!"

We went to the courthouse, the post office, lunch, the dentist, HEB, and the gym.

It wasn't a perfect day...But it almost was. It was certainly a day for rejoicing and having fun and being together while enjoying one another.

Alyssa set the tone for the day by changing the errand chant to, "Today is errand day. Hip hip hooray!"

My children are so great. They responded to correction and responded to discipline when it was needed.

Mostly, they obeyed, stayed together and got along.

It was a long day with a few fun rewards. We got ice cream at McDonald's, toys at the dentist, gummy worms at HEB and played with Alex and Michael at the gym.

Palmer was a trooper because he got no nap and not enough cold milk.

Hunter survived his first trip to the dentist wonderfully. He was brave and big and even a little excited!

Alyssa was a trooper because she had to sit in the waiting room of the dentist office for almost two hours waiting on her siblings. As long as I remembered she was my pet beaver and addressed her as such she was the perfect pet beaver.

Julia was the biggest helper to me. She set a great example even when she wanted independence, she held my hand. She pushed a stroller around HEB while Palmer took a cat nap, following the cart. She went through the store alone to get items we forgot.

We even saw the new Mrs. Emily Heinrich at the grocery store.

We had a few mishaps and we had several adventures. Like when we went into the wrong building downtown searching for the district county clerk. And, when we accidentally dropped a bottle of fingernail polish in HEB and we got all shiny and glittery and sticky.

When it was all over we came home, laid on the couch, watched Over the Hedge, ate hotdogs and popcorn and praised God for a great day!

"Today is errand day. Hip hip hooray!"

8 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

Hip Hip Hooray...I know Michael and Alex had fun and I was glad to get to work out with you on your busy day!!

Love ya.

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

I so enjoy reading about the Greats and seeing their pictures.Thanks for keeping me update. Hus

JungWoo Hong said...

What a lovely picture ! I am really missing you all. I wish they all remember me and my son !
Please, give my best love to your lovely children.

The Peahen said...

I am amazed! Please educate me on how to get my kids to be so great!

lisasmith said...

Michelle--

Pray, pray, pray!
It's all God.

Pam said...

I remember those adventures called errands with small children. Hooray for good behavior and attitudes and fun!

lisasmith said...

Pam--I've missed you! Glad you're back from graduation...How was it? Are there tears?

Jennifer Bacak said...

I love seeing these pics of your family.
jenn