home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Alleluia Ranch

"The Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 Yeehaw!!

We just finished a wonderful week on the VBS ranch.

It was tons of fun. We sang songs, crafted crafts, played games and learned about Jesus.


Julia was my stylish cowgirl singer and rockstar diva in her camouflage and flashy western attire.


Alyssa was my special and loving Brumby horse when she wasn't licking my hand like a cuddly puppy.


Hunter my big helper and friendly, dramatic and excited student as I taught him and 13 of his four-year-old friends.









Palmer was my usual precious, easygoing baby withstanding long hours in the Grace nursery and many loving college-aged hands.

Friday night we had a Grace family hoedown where we rode horses, ate range food and laughed as Scooter and Willy told VBS families about God's amazing grace.

I love Grace's Vacation Bible School every year but this year was extra special. Hunter is beginning to ask lots of questions about what Jesus did for him on the cross and what it means to go to heaven. Andrew, the girls and I are praying daily for his salvation and relationship with his precious Savior.

Vacation Bible School at Alleluia Ranch was a wonderful week full of fun and family memories.

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

How much fun for them. They looked so grown up on those horses.

JungWoo Hong said...

When I clicked your blog today,my eyes were full of tears because of missing you. When I saw your pictures, I just felt that you are living in ten minute distance like College Station.
Last Summer, JungWoo went to Summer school of Grace Bible. We wish we were there with you. Palmer looks very cute. He will be a good boy like Hunter. Please, send our best regards to Julia, Alyssa, Hunter and Palmer. We are always missing you.

lisasmith said...

Hyeong-Sook--I miss you so much!!! I spent the entire week at VBS wishing you were here. The pony rides were so much fun. The clowns were hilarious. The energy of the children boundless. I seriously needed your sweet spirit and energy to help keep the kiddos occupied in the afternoons. After VBS each day, I needed a nap more than my kids! Jung-Woo would've had a blast! Hunter loved playing horse, horse, cow each day (duck, duck, goose).

Oh, and I totally needed your drawing expertise to decorate my room. My cactus was crooked, my star lopsided and prairie dogs are super hard to draw!

Julia LOVED talking with you and Jung-Woo last week. Thanks again for your sweet calls.

I miss you and love you so much,
Lisa