home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Birthdays and Surprises

Last weekend, well, Saturday night, we drove to Richardson to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday...and drove back home!

The result was great. She was surprised.
"Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her." (Proverbs 31:28 NLT)

My stepdad put on a really good party for her. I loved listening to him fret and fuss over the smallest of details to make her happy and to surprise her really well. She was surrounded by lots of her favorite people and her grandchildren.
She got lots of presents, ate good food and received prayer blessings from her lady friends.
This was a great time.

I got to visit with some of my mom's friends that I don't see much now that all the kids have grown up and moved away.

I got to see my grandparents, brother and his family and lots of old friends. I got to meet lots of new friends too.

Each grandchild, between three and eight years old, presented Gran with a special rose and a reason they love her. A rose for a Rose!
Jack loves his Gran.
Julia loves her Gran.
Alyssa loves Gran, too.
Hunter loves Gran lots.
Cooper loves Gran last but not least.

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." (Proverbs 31:28 NIV)
This year I pray my mother will feel blessed, like a woman among women this year. I pray that the way we live our lives, the way we love others and the way we minister the love of Christ will raise her up and bless her. I pray she will hear the praises of those who love her.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. " (Proverbs 31:25-26&30)

I love watching her look forward to the rest of her life. I love watching her fulfill her dreams and calling. I love watching as the "Rose of Sharon" becomes more fragrant in her life and she gives off more of the aroma of Christ. She is a beautiful woman who fears the Lord!

"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." (Proverbs 31:29)

I love you, Mom!

11 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

How beautiful when family can come together like that and make precious memories.

Happy Birthday Roseanne!!

Mark said...

I love your mom too! I will never forget our weekend of praise and worship...and the hotel comforters!

Did I forget to tell you...I am going to be a MOM? I am pregnant...our baby is due Jan. 6. We just found out!!

Angie Love said...

OK, I was signed in as Mark...but we are still pregnant! I couldn't find your phone number. Sorry to tell you via your blog!

Renee Heaton said...

So sorry that I missed it! Funny thing is I actually drove by the place earlier that afternnon. I was thinking about her. And you!

lisasmith said...

Kathryn--Yes, it is a precious memory.

Angie (&Mark)--CONGRATS! You could've told me when you played tag yourself. HA! I'm very excited that you are embarking on the journey of motherhood. God will open up a whole new realm of His love for you. This is very exciting. You guys are going to be fabulous parents. Praise God!

Renee--We miss you too. Your kids could've hid under the tables to shout, "Surprise" with our kids and eaten speghetti as only kids can. It was a fun party!

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I like your new picture...it looks more like you!!!

lisasmith said...

Thanks, Kat--Now you will recognize me!

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

RoseAnn, my daughter is just as precious to me as she was when she was born. I'm very proud of her, and of you Lisa. Grandmother

lisasmith said...

Grandmother--Thanks for the comment! And, I'm making a note to myself to get a picture with you next time I see you.
XOXO I love you XOXO!

Pam said...

You have such a beautiful family, Lisa! It was really fun to see so many photographs of the happy occasion. I wish my parents were a drive-able distance away -- then again, I'd probably spend a fortune on gas from going back and forth so much!

lisasmith said...

Pam--Yes, we travel lots but are so thankful to be able to do that. Now that you've met my mom a little bit you can see why I love your relationship with your mom so much.