home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, April 09, 2007

Waffles and the Wave

Look at this cute face! His newest word is, "Cheese!" Palmer says it with this look on his face and then he claps for himself! What a cutie! True to Smith form he loves the camera. With a face like this, it's no wonder!

He can say lots of words now. He's beginning to try to take some steps and he's certainly got the personality of a big boy!

He's a picky eater. Well, maybe not as picky as independent. If he can't put it in his mouth himself, he's not eating it! But, if he can put it in his mouth...He usually loves it.

He loves waffles! He loves the ninety-nine cent frozen variety. Seriously, he eats two or three at a time.

He recently tried one with powdered sugar on it. He ate three of those!

I was beginning to worry. He just spits baby food all over you if you try to feed him that. He does the same with yogurt, apple sauce, oatmeal and jello.

If he doesn't want the solids you feed him, he chews them up and spits them out by just letting them run down his chin. He's a very picky eater.

But, he loves waffles!

I know that as he tries new foods, he'll find things he likes and more things he loves. After all, I wouldn't be a good parent if I didn't let him try lots of different kinds of foods.

Our Heavenly Father gives us different kinds of food so that we can mature too.
"But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil." (Hebrews 5:14)

He's at a the cutest stage of waving. He's just discovering he can clap, wave and make a fist with his hands.

He has the cutest little flick of the wrist as he says, "Bye-bye!"

I love that his personality is starting to bloom.

I love this stage of baby. Bye-bye!

7 comments:

Kathryn Berilla said...

I love that precious little face. I too love the 99 cent waffles!

You're such a big boy Palmer!!

JungWoo Hong said...

What a cute!
You are a big boy!
Good job, Palmer!
I was surprised. You were grew up.
I love that you are smiling.
I want to play with you.
I miss... Bye-Bye, Palmer!

Hyeong sook.

Renee Heaton said...

So adorable I just want to squeeze those chubby cheeks!

lisasmith said...

Kat--Hi! Try the HEB cinnamon variety of waffles. Ummmm

Hyeong Sook--Palmer misses his Oma! I'll bet he's grown lots since February. So sad...I miss and love you!

Renee--I'll squeeze them for you!

Pam said...

Another cute-picture filled tribute to one of your precious children! I wish I could get away with only eating waffles!
:-)

LIZZA said...

He looks so huggable!

Jennifer Bacak said...

Who wouldn't love those cinnamon waffles.
What a cute chunk of baby boy!
jenn