home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Workin' 9 to 5...Well,Sorta


Where have I been lately?

Well, let's start with where haven't I been lately? I haven't been to Maui or any other exotic location. I haven't been writing or reading. I haven't been relaxing in this awesome sunshiny weather drinking tropical juice drinks.

I have been to Austin, Dallas, Houston (twice) and Waco.

As the newest edition to The Andrew Smith Team, I can find you the dream home you've been looking for at a price you can afford and I can redesign your current home so it will sell quickly and for top dollar.

If anyone would've told me this time last year that I'd be doing this, I would have called them crazy! As my husband's helper, it is my job to help him in any way he needs help.


"The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." (Genesis 2:18)


Right now, Andrew needs help he can depend on in his office selling homes, working leads and helping clients. So, "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!"

Really, this can't be called work. The kids are always with my mother-in-law or with Andrew or any other available relative, twice a week at the most. Besides, it's really fun!

While I was working in Austin, my dad and Dina took the boys to get haircuts.

Well, really Dina took the boys to get haircuts. My dad tried to take them the night before and the line was too long. Then the next night I had a super-duper case of pinkeye. My eyes were swollen shut, dripping gunk and I couldn't see. So, my dad drove me across Austin to an emergency room that could see me and would accept my insurance. Not to mention this was one of the coldest days ever in Austin! I had to borrow Dina's clothes, Palmer basically stayed in his fleece pajamas the whole time and Hunter, as usual, never put down his blankie! Palmer is such a big boy now! They look adorable and tough too! They pretty much took over care of the boys while I nursed my eyes to health and sight, exposing themselves to all the evil germs. Thanks, guys!


While I was in Dallas, my mom and Pete corralled three wild stallions and their cousins at Chuck E. Cheese and around the house. They fed, clothed and kept everyone safe. They woke me up early in the morning and sent me off with breakfast and coffee. Thanks, guys!

While I've been in Houston and working here in College Station, my mother-in-law has loved on kids, scrubbed my house, folded my clothes, decorated a Valentine's table and just been a huge help in generally every area. I think the one thing I love the most about her is that every day is a celebration for her. She creates a party-like atmosphere whenever she comes...and the kids know it's always complete with gifts! She's brought scrumptious meals, magic band aids, grandmotherly love and lots and lots of elbow grease. Thanks, Linda and thanks, Cris for allowing her to help. She has also been exposed to every nasty germ the kids have brought around here and bravely fought many strange bugs. We totally appreciate you, Gramma!

All of these changes are a little overwhelming right now. We aren't just changing my duties, we are joining Keller Williams, completely changing our office.

Keller Williams is the nation's fourth largest real estate company and the fastest growing. The opportunity to be a part of a company with such great values and support convinced us to merge our own company with theirs and set up shop a little differently but a lot more efficiently.

Keller Williams will be making its College Station debut very soon. It is sure to an exciting event! For more information about the company and its opportunities visit Andrew's blog.

So, as you can tell, we've been very busy lately. Change is all around us. We're still trying to figure it all out. Bear with us. Pray for us. Encourage us. Change is in the air!

"Therefore...the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17b)

6 comments:

texasmcvays said...

Wow! I was wondering why I hadn't had many comments from you! You are a busy bee! Your kids must be having a great time with all the Grands! What a blessing. My parents are moving back to California tommorow! They will be missed. Now on to the pink eye if you identify pink eye early you can get an over the counter homeopathic drug Similasan 'Pink Eye Releif' from Walmart for about $8.96! Good luck with all your new duties...Maybe you can come and look at my house and if it sells we can feed you some steak! lol
K

JungWoo Hong said...

Lisa,
You looks so busy. Please, take care and be careful of driving.
Palmer looks like a big boy. I am missing him. Please, send my Oma's love to him.

Hyeong-Sook

Kathryn Berilla said...

I am excited for all you are doing and blessed to be able to hear about it while you are driving to one of the many cities and then say "Well I'm here, gotta go"!!

As Jennifer said this is a year of blessings for all. I look forward to what the Lord is going to do in your family.

Oh and put a book on Hunter's head, he is getting too tall!!

Renee Heaton said...

While you are doing the real estate, I am doing the home loans and praying I don't get any more folks with bad credit -- let's pray that we get everybody out of debt! Love you and miss you.

Hendrick Family said...

Thank you for praying for our house to sell! That blessed me tons to read.

You are going to be amazing at this! And what a blessing to have family around to watch your kids. There is no real substitute for mom, but when she must be away at times, it is amazing to see kids develop their relationships with their grandparents. Those relationships are so sweet and important.

Cherie said...

My dad was a real estate broker for about 25 years, while I was growing up and beyond. Had his own business. I worked for Dad in the summer when his secretary vacationed. My husband passed his test last fall, but only because he's interested in the topic of real estate as a home owner, not for a job.

So, I guess I sorta know what life is like at your place. It's an interesting business.

Stay true to you!