home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Firsts


Note from the editor: I cannot get the cute pictures of Palmer to upload. I've been trying for four days. Keep checking back for photos of this cute, happy one-year-old.

First Birthdays...

Today is my baby's first birthday.

We've had a wonderful year full of firsts.

First glance...

That's when we fell in love.

First cry...

First feeding...

First bath...

First smile...

First laugh...

First roll over...

First sleep through the night...

First crawl...

First tooth...

First food...

First word...

First slobbery kiss...

First step...

This is just a short list of all the firsts we've had this year. If I go on I may be too sad to finish. I love babies and everything baby...everything. There are wonderful and amazing things about each age our children pass through. I love them all...but I love babies the best. Each first is a milestone...a steppingstone into his life and his destiny. I love witnessing that, nurturing that and being a part of that.


I am reminded of the ultimate first...

"We love because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19

I love walking this "first love" out with my children. I love them just because God loved me first. They don't have to earn it, deserve it or make it happen. I loved them before they were born and will love them unconditionally forever.

First love...

First birthdays mean bye-bye baby and hello more independence. Less holding and cuddling but not less sweet. Bye-bye to bottles and formula and nursing and baby food and hello to eating what the rest of the family eats. Bye-bye to newborn squalls and hello to communicating with more words.

I miss my baby...but I love my big boy who will always be my baby!

He still sucks his thumb, love his mommy and crawls like a soldier to a foxhole in combat.

He has a healthy appetite, eats with his thumb in his mouth and needs his regular sleep. He laughs at everyone he knows and knows everyone. He looks the best in red and keeps his shoes and hats on all the time...unless a big brother or big sister takes it off. His favorite food is green peas and his first word is Julia.

When he smiles he lights up my world. When I smile back he gives me a big squeal and a belly laugh. He's extremely easy-going and likable. Cuddling is one of his favorite pastimes especially when he's not too busy crawling and putting things in his mouth. He carries his toys in his mouth when he crawls.

He's too cute!

I look forward to experiencing many more firsts and many more Valentine's Birthdays...

Happy First, Happy Boy, Happy First!

2 comments:

Kathryn Berilla said...

Happy Birthday Palmer!!

Your smile lights up a room...

I look forward to the first time you say Ms. Kathryn or Ms. Kaffryn as Alyssa says it!!!

texasmcvays said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PALMER....I enjoyed watching you drag yourself around in combat position yesterday! Such a cutie!
K