home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, December 15, 2006

Some Year's Resolutions

Does anyone ever say, "I'm going to (fill in the blank) some day and mean it?

I would say depends on what it is and depends on who says it.

Those of you who know me, might believe me when I say this. Those of you who don't know me so well or haven't known me so long...you may not believe that I'll ever get around to it.

But, it's true. If I say I will do something "one day"...I mean it!

A few weeks ago, someone I hardly know asked me if I scrapbooked. My response was, "I used to and I will again...one day."

To which she replied, "Yeah, (chuckle, chuckle) you and me both."

That got me going. That was a direct challenge. So what if I was five years behind. I took this comment as an invitation to prove her wrong, to actively engage in what I someday want to resume.

When there are no noses to wipe, no bottles to fix, no diapers to change, no stories to read, no babies to rock, no leggos to build and no lessons to teach...I will have time!

I will have time as soon as I dust my cobwebs, mop my floors, clean my closets and drawers, rearrange my furniture, scrub my baseboards, weed my garden and scrub my oven. As soon as I update my home, wardrobe and reading list I will make time. Right?

Is it true that you make time for what you want? When I said I would scrapbook, I meant that I will scrapbook again, one day. I mean it, I really mean it!

Well...
One day was today!

The last time (until today) I scrapped was five years, four months, two weeks and one day ago! (The night I went to the hospital to be induced with Alyssa!)

My pictures are in chronological order...my tools are accessible...I knew I would do it one day...One day was today!

I made a gift for a friend. I then copied the pages on my printer for myself!

I have a current scrapbook...a scrapbook with the pictures of all four of my children in it...not just the oldest!

Why was I able to scrapbook?

I am not pregnant.

I feel great.

I take pictures again.

I wanted a unique and sentimental gift to give.

I am not pregnant and because I am not pregnant...I care! I love that I care. (When I am pregnant, I care only about growing a baby and not throwing up!)

I scrapbook again.

I have reached a monumental achievement today.

I got a head start on my Some Year's Resolutions.

I scrapbooked.

1 comment:

Kathryn Berilla said...

Lisa, I am thankful that I know you well enough that when you say "someday" you DO mean it and Lisa you say it with the most sincerety of anyone I know.

I am glad you got to scrapbook. I am proud of you!!!