home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Another Attempt at Being Annual

2006

This is my latest try at an annual Christmas letter, one I don't have to print, fold or address...as one of my other bloggies said, "We're saving trees!"

Isn't this one of the reasons why I started this blog anyway?

This year has been characterized by incredibly busy and chaotic times...mostly. However, my lesson for 2006 has been that we live for the moments...the times that all is as it should be...the times my children are angels and take my breath away...the quiet, perfect times that happen so quickly we tend to forget about them in the mundane day-to-day of life...the times things are running smoothly and I can take a deep breath and know that all is worthwhile...this life is worth it! As I press on toward the Prize, I can run forward knowing that I will finish strong and it is, indeed, worth it.

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14


As Christmas draws near, take time to draw near to our Savior and celebrate His birth..."Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8

This time last year we were preparing for one of our favorite moments...Palmer's birth...looking for a larger car, rearranging bedrooms, and clearing out space. Our year started off with our little Valentine, Palmer Jett, making his debut on February 14. He is just as sweet now as he was then. A joy to us all, a real charmer. He's got a quick smile and loud but beautiful coo. He's cut six teeth and crawling around as fast as anyone else can run.

Hunter is three and a half now and loves playing with cars, leggos and anything Spiderman. He began Awana Cubbies this fall and is so happy that everyone else finally agrees that he's old enough to go to the big kid stuff. He also attends Friendship Connection, a ministry for international ladies and their preschool children, with me every week. He is all boy and still cuddly and wonderful, caught between baby and big boy for just a little while longer.



Alyssa turned five and started Kindergarten this fall. She is in the dual language program at her school and has learned the alphabet and days of the week...in Spanish. She is beginning to read and to write at turbo speed. She loves all her new friends. She loves all her animals. She loves to sing, dance, write stories, draw and talk. She loves life in general.

Julia is now seven and in first grade. She is also in the dual language program and beginning to speak Spanish very well with an authentic accent. She finds it easier to read in English but easier to spell in Spanish. She loves art and drawing. She continues to dance beautifully and has also developed an inerest in soccer and basketball (She sleeps with her soccer ball every night). She's reading like a real pro and excelling at math and science.


Andrew's office, The Real Estate Group, just celebrated its second birthday and is continually growing. He finds energy to train new real estate agents and motivate them to success. He enjoys a couple of men's groups at our church. He has also reconnected with some of his old college buddies this year. He continues to be a sports fanatic, cheering on his favorite teams.

I am trying, in futility, to hold onto as many of these moments as tightly as possible...the moments that take my breath away...the ones where I catch myself breathlessly breathing a prayer of praise for the family I have and the way it works...the years seem to be flying by way too quickly! Why can't they be little forever?


You can scroll down, take a look and click on the archives to see what the last few months have held. I am busy wearing the hats of wife, mother, homemaker, chauffeur, cook, secretary, personal shopper, referee, coach, domestic entrepreneur, friend, nurse, consultant, author, artist, photographer, teacher, helper...and any other role that is needed to this wonderful, beautiful, healthy, loving bunch God has blessed me with. There is absolutely no other way I would've wanted to spend this past year and no other way I want to spend this next one.


"So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us." Philippians 3:14 The Message

3 comments:

Kathryn Berilla said...

What a wonderful year it has been!!! They do grow too fast...I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for 2007.

Love you!!

Kathryn Berilla said...

Oh and in reference to your pumpkin patch pictures...look how still all of your children are being!!!!

Laurie Johnson said...

I am really getting warmed up to this "blogging" thing! I loved your Christmas message, Lisa! How cool to be able to send so many pictures and thoughts freely, involving no trees, envelopes, stamps, etc...! I must learn how to do this!!! OK, this is my New Years resolution now, to get a blog going! More later...

LOVE to you all,
and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!!!

Laurie J.