home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Perfect Pumpkin Patch Pictures

I've often wondered how other moms get that perfect picture...in the bluebonnets...in the pumpkin patch...around the Christmas tree...

I've NEVER attempted a pumpkin patch picture...I don't really like orange...or pumpkins...or the other hassles that come with this...remember, I've been pregnant with babies that can't sit up on their own for over seven years now and I just have to pick my battles...I take Christmas pictures, but pumpkin patch...never.

So, in honor of international friends in America during autumn...Hyeong-Sook and I decided an after-school excursion to the pumpkin patch was needed.

First, I had to find orange shirts for everyone...remember, I don't love orange. So, Julia had three to choose from. Alyssa actually wore hers. Hunter has one but I couldn't for the life of me find it...until we got home and it miraculously appeared on top of the dryer...all neatly folded. He had gold. Palmer doesn't have one...red worked fine. Since Palmer and Hunter were wearing other fall colors...Julila chose brown...not one of the three orange ones. Clothing issue...settled. Remember, I chose my battles.

Then, I had to pack lunches for the girls keeping in miind that they needed to remain clean all day...Julia opted to change after school in the car...Alyssa promised me she would stay clean. This is where my prayers for the day were focused...shallow, I know, but I was on a mission for the perfect picture.

Hunter remained shirtless for most of the day...kept it simple! Palmer decided to "christen" Hyeong-Sook and his red outfit as we were on the way out the door...oh well, it'll dry...we were on a mission!

If or when you get all your children at the same spot...in the colorful, decorated patch with many, many distractions...you then have to catch them all smiling and looking at the camera at the same time. Sometimes, it's just nice that everyone's face is (almost) showing!
Julia practiced her soccer skills by kicking pumpkins...
Alyssa ended up with pumpkin guts inside her shoes...and for a child who looks for any excuse to take off her shoes (and clothes) this was quite an ordeal...
Hunter ended up tumbling in a pumpkin avalanche...falling...falling...falling...
Palmer couldn't sit up very well on his own...we couldn't figure out how to get him with a pumpkin by himself...so we decided to buy a pumpkin, take it home and try again...
...where he survived a near fatal pumpkin-stem stabbing...
Jung-Woo threw hay at everyone making it "snow"...quite a scene for those allergic to hay...

The Farm Patch may never be the same again! But through it all Hyeong-Sook and I persevered...
...and got some pretty perfect pictures! I think I'll do it again next year.

5 comments:

Kathryn Berilla said...

So much fun...I want to go with you next year.

freemans4jc said...

Sounds like you had a great time.
It's good to step out of our comfort zones sometimes...orange and pumpkins can be fun!

Cindy

Omni said...

Very cute photos!! :-)

Chandra said...

The pictures, though, sometimes difficult and hard, try some and tiring...came out great. In the years to come when you look back you'll love them!

tk smith said...

what great pics! looks like halloween was a huge success :)