home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, October 06, 2006

A Resting Place

"Come to me...and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28



I have a resting place
Where I go to seek Your face
Where I can run to hide
Freely walk by your side
I have a hiding place
Where I go to feel Your grace
Honestly confess my sin
Fully cleansed, once more begin
I have a seeking place
Where I go to find new grace
Come, let Your Spirit flow
Like a river, make me whole
I have a healing place
Where I go to sing Your praise
Here I leave all my hurts
As I yield to Your works
I have a praying place
Where I can receive Your grace
Here You hide me in Your wings
Release to me all good things
I have a sharing place
Where I go to speak Your grace
Telling others of Your love
Salvation come from up above
I have a trusting place
Where I go to know Your grace
Clearly You state Your will
Step by step You lead me still

3 comments:

Kathryn Berilla said...

That was awesome. It made me calm just to read it. I love the part at the end 'clearly we know Your will...lead me step by step still. I love it.

Kathryn Berilla said...

I read today "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a silver setting" Proverbs 25:11. Isn't that beautiful. If you say this poem outloud, I think it is like apples.

Chandra said...

I love it! So true and beautiful!