home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fantastic Four

Well, here they are the four, the fabulous, the fantastic...super kids with not-so-super powers! I guess the super power part could be debatable...depends who you ask!

I have noticed that where there are siblings there are endless comparisons...the exact likenesses they share and the polar-opposite, how-can-they-even-be-related traits...I get numerous comments on both ends of the spectrum all the time.

Julia...independent...mature...confident...charismatic...Julia is so herself...as unique as they come.

She knows who she is...what she likes...she sets her own tempo for life...awesome. What the crowd is doing has no consequence for her. Example...tennis lessons...Julia, "I'm wearing a skirt, jacket and boots."

Me, "Tennis players wear athletic shorts and tennis shoes."

Julia, "I don't."

The result...a compromise...she wears a skirt, jacket and tennis shoes...and is still the best in her class...skilled and stylish!

A natural-born leader...once her mind is made up about something...it's hers for the taking...the sky's the limit...with a goal in sight she's focused...hard-working...relentless in her pursuit of the prize. Can you say competitive?

But as much as she leads...she also loves. She is constantly including everybody by helping and nurturing...priceless.

Her assurance amazes me...she always knows the way to go...making choices comes easily to her...start out and never look back! I love this about her...the finish line is always in sight for her...she has endurance and perseveres to the end.

I love to watch her in her element...whether it's dance class or a limbo line...she's so incredibly focused...stretching...anticipating the end...the finish...the victory...she doesn't know defeat.

I love that she can be fully princess one minute and fully super-hero or secret-spy the next. I love that she can be totally grown-up one minute and my little baby sitting in my lap the next.

I love that she can play football and freeze-tag in high-heeled boots and a dress...sports camp this summer...she won the "Most Fashionable" award..."It's never too hot to make a fashion statement!"

I love that she is golden...successful...dynamic...serious.

She's the motivator...the organizer of the troops...the leader of the pack...Julia.

Alyssa...sweet...cute...cuddly...compassionate...humorous... intelligent...talkative

She's a diplomat...a peace-maker. She is at rest when everyone is happy.

She hates to see others hurt. A true intercessor...she begs for us to spare her brother and sister's punishment.

She'll share the shirt off her back...if you love it, you can borrow it. If it makes you more happy than her...it's yours. This is how she is, but others are dying to share with her just as much as she shares with them...her life is a demonstration of the golden rule.

She's content to observe...to gather facts before deciding...to measure the risks she takes. She looks before she leaps.

Her passion...animals. What she craves...individual attention. Her favorite memory of the summer is shopping for stuffed animals with her Gran...so cute.

I love that she always knows the punchlines to jokes...never forgets...always understands them...she gets humor. We have a friend who is a DJ; she sat and talked with Alyssa and told her about ten jokes...Alyssa already knew all the punchlines! She is truly humorous...and smart...and has a stellar memory!

She has the whole Astros line-up memorized...names and positions!

I love that she watches Rockets' games to get a glimpse of Clutch the mascot.

I love that she asks questions I don't know the answers to...that she laughs at jokes I don't understand...that she uses words I don't know the meaning of.

I love that she would rather have milk than Coke and a salad than pizza.

I love that she's becoming an unlikely leader...learning to stand her ground being closely sandwiched between two siblings.

She's the girl everybody loves...the one who can make you smile...Alyssa.

Hunter...masculine...wild...charismatic...friendly...talkative...out-going... affectionate...energetic

He's a social butterfly...loves everybody...remembers everybody's names...we walk down the halls at church and he greets everybody under age five...by name. If you don't look at him and say hi right back...he will walk over to you put his hands on your shoulders until you face him and acknowledge the greeting...with a kiss and a hug.

When we leave the swimming pool or any place really, all the kids are yelling, "Bye, Hunter!"...and so are all the moms...incredibly cute!

He's so loving...his newest memory verse, "Jesus says,'love one another' and I love Palmer." He says it everyday over and over...outrageously cute...and caring!

He loves cars and jets and trains and dinosaurs and pirates...all things boy. If it looks like a ball, he'll kick it and if it looks like a small ball, he'll bat it.

Roaring is one of his favorite pasttimes...as well as, eating.

His three key phrases are, "Where's my blankie?" "Mom, I love you," and "I'm hungwy," or "I'm stee-ill hungwy," depending on what time of day...or night it is. The last thing he says at night is, "I'm hungwy." The first thing he says in the morning is, "I'm stee-il hungwy!"

This phenomenon of the starving boy is new to me...I mean, the kid eats all day long and never stops and never gets full! I know that his dad and uncle once ate an entire Sam's lasagna...with all the side dishes...I guess I know where he gets it!

His new thing is, "I'm hungry and I can't hold it!" It's so dramatic...so expressive...so cute! I could just eat him up!

He's the boy who you love to death...the life of the party...Hunter.

Palmer...cute...cuddly...sweet...easy-going...baby.

He's the best baby...he goes with the flow...he babbles...he laughs...he sucks his thumb.

He loves to be held...by Mom...by Dad...by brother...by sisters...by anyone...guess that's why Palmer is such a good name! It fits.

He loves to talk...he's incredibly social...with a ready smile for anyone who looks his way...friend or stranger...no matter where we are...church...grocery store...anywhere...he loves to coo at everyone!

He's chubby...you can't help but pinch his cheeks...kiss his neck...he loves it and so do we. He's a real charmer...our Prince Charming!

We love him!

He's the cute-as-a-button-bouncing-baby boy...the baby...our baby...Palmer.

So...that's them...the super...the fabulous...the fantastic...the four.

3 comments:

tk smith said...

lisa -you're killing me. i may have to stop reading your blog during downtime or i might skip australia and new zealand and come straight home... looking for a nanny? :)
no, really, your blog makes my day. i love reading about the kids and seeing new pics.
glad to see all is so well
love tra

Kathryn Berilla said...

I love the way that you so perfectly summed them up. They will treasure this one day.
I love these kids.

freemans4jc said...

You are an amazing mother. Your characterisic are all over each of these kids!

Keep up the good work !! Your a
blessing!

Cindy